Saturday 2 January 2016

we are strangers.

"it's weird. I feel much more occupied with strangers than my closed ones,"

have you ever experienced this? where you just couldn't find the joy you wanted from your closed ones that you started to chat with a group of stranger online and somehow you felt like you've known them since forever?

I've experienced this and I'm not embarrassed to say it. yes sometimes in life, we just feel like not in the mood to talk with our closed ones. it's just a problem within us, not them (of course) so it's not like I said our closed ones are unworthy or something. no okay, so chill.

there was this one time where I felt so really bored and I didn't know what to do that I ended up in some chatting group. I tried to be someone else by forgetting all things that happened in real life. someone who was more cheerful, more lively and more funny. and these three things seriously made my conversation with them more interesting and exciting at the same time. I laughed way too hard than I should. I showed to them how fun I could be so that they wouldn't be bored and kept on talking.

and truth is, I met bunch of cool people throughout this so-called-chatting-journey. they might hide their true identity there but somehow I could feel the sincerity in their words. it just amazed me everytime that happened. plus to my surprise— they could also catch up to my jokes way better than my closed ones though we didn't really know each other. so it didn't sounds awkward at all and we all knew we were having a fun time together, chatting. even in the simplest of things, we could turn it to a spotlight and our main topic.

but thank god I remembered my barrier and all that stuffs that I tried not to show any negativity during chatting. cause I know how much meaningful Islam is to me. I don't want to scratch its name. enough already with what have the world did to us, I still got my responsibility as a muslim— I have to take care of it and I'll never forget it, inshaAllah.

so whenever they saw my avatar (I wore hijab in that picture but I blurred out them so people couldn't see my face well) they became curious and asked me many kind of questions. though some of it are sort of rude ones, the rest are all good and I couldn't be happier receiving such questions about islam and have the opportunity to personally answer them. I felt like I'm indirectly giving dakwah to people and it was such an amazing experience!

that is why I never thought chatting online as a bad thing cause if we want it, we ourselves could make it positive and free from any unhealthy things. am I right?

"well chatting may not be your thing but it is to me and always will."

No comments: